Rock The Vote, Day 6: Paris Hilton



Rock The Vote is an original series, where I make an educated and researched guess on who certain celebrities are voting for Nov. 3, 2020.

Paris Hilton is a reality TV star and heiress to the Hilton hotel empire. In 2016, she told Australia's Channel Ten’s The Project she voted for Donald Trump for U.S. president. 

“I’ve known him since I’m a little girl. So yes.”

Trump has known Hilton for awhile. In 2003, Trump told Howard Stern on Stern's show that she's always been beautiful. "Somebody who a lot of people don’t give credit to but in actuality is really beautiful, really beautiful, is Paris Hilton," Trump told Stern. "I’ve known Paris Hilton from the time she’s 12, her parents are friends of mine, and, you know, the first time I saw her she walked into the room and I said, ‘Who the hell is that?’

In 2004, Hilton was part of the Vote of Die campaign, where she and other celebrities urged young people to vote. She wasn't even registered to vote that year. 

Before the 2016 election, Hilton called Trump "a nice man."

"I think on TV people like to say things about certain people, but he's actually a very sweet person. I like him a lot," she said.

In November 2016, Hilton told Marie Claire that Trump's "grab them by the pussy" comment was locker-room talk.

"I've heard guys say the craziest things ever, because I'm always around guys, and I listen to them speak," she said. She then said Trump's rape accusers were "just trying to get attention and get fame." 

In the same Marie Claire interview, she says she didn't vote for Trump; in fact she didn't vote at all.

"I love the people here, and I don't think that they should be talked about like that at all," Hilton says of Trump's claim that Mexico was sending rapists and criminals over the border. Still, she says, her old family friend, whom she calls "an incredible businessman," will be a good president.


After that interview was published, Hilton apologized for dismissing the women. "I want to apologize for my comments from an interview I did last year," Hilton told Us Weekly in 2017. "They were part of a much larger story and I am regretful that they were not delivered in the way I had intended. I was speaking about my own experiences in life and the role of media and fame in our society and it was never my intention for my comments to be misapplied almost a year later.

"Moving forward I will continue to do what I can to be an advocate for girls and women with the hopes of providing a louder voice for those who may desperately need it."

I don't believe Paris Hilton is voting. I don't believe she knows how to register to vote.

The election is Nov. 3. Find out where you can vote. Support local journalism to stay informed.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.