Rock The Vote, Day 2: Scott Eastwood



Rock The Vote is an original series, where I make an educated and researched guess on who certain celebrities are voting for Nov. 3, 2020. 

Scott Eastwood is an actor who has starred in The Longest Ride and other movies I haven't seen. But more notably, he is the son of actor and political activist Clint Eastwood.

Clint Eastwood is outspoken with his political beliefs. In the '80s, he was mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. "Under his gavel, the city has legalized the sale of ice cream cones, provided more public toilets, built new stairways to the town beach and expedited previously stalled efforts to expand Carmel's library," the New York Times wrote in '87.

In 2012, Clint Eastwood endorsed Republican Mitt Romney for president. In 2016, he called both candidates had a "certain degree of insanity." In 2020, Clint endorsed Mike Bloomberg for president.

Some critics called Clint Eastwood's film American Sniper pro-war, but Eastwood said the movie was "the biggest anti-war statement any film can make."

Because Clint Eastwood is so outspoken about his political beliefs, reporters often ask Scott Eastwood which side he leans toward.

During an interview with Joe Rogan, Scott tells Joe, "I stay out of politics. I don't even ... I don't give two shits about politics."

While promoting The Longest Ride, Scott said, "I don't ... I don't ... I don't get involved in politics. ... But you know, I support my dad and he's just about what he's about."

While speaking to Extra, Scott said, "I don't talk about politics. That shit's for the birds."

In January of this year, a woman was protesting against a development being built in Del Mar. Scott Eastwood tried to take down the protesters' sign and then when he was confronted, he ran away.

On Nov. 8, 2016, the day of the 2016 election, Scott was in Sydney, according to his Instagram.

I believe Scott Eastwood is not voting. I have no choice but to take him at his word when he says politics is "for the birds." 

The election is Nov. 3. Find out where you can voteSupport local journalism to stay informed.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.