Rock The Vote, Day 16: Megyn Kelly



Rock The Vote is an original series, where I make an educated and researched guess on who certain celebrities are voting for Nov. 3, 2020.

I have a vivid memory of Megyn Kelly co-hosting Live with Kelly the day after the 2016 election. Kelly Ripa asked Kelly to explain what the hell happened and Kelly offered a response I think about all the time. She said while a lot of people are upset, half of the country is happy. And that is something to acknowledge. (I cannot find a clip of her saying it, but I'm pretty sure she did. I did find this, though.)

It's unclear, however, which half of America Kelly is in. Kelly, a former Fox News anchor, moderated a Republican primary debate in 2015 and after she asked President Donald Trump about his past comments about women, Trump retweeted tweets calling Kelly a "bimbo" and "unfair."

“You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever,” he later told Don Lemon on CNN.

Kelly told ABC News: “It was bizarre because I became the story. He was so very focused on me that I became the story, and you know, you never want to be the story when you’re a newsperson. You want to be covering the story, so it was like an ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’ experience.”

In 2017, Kelly interviewed three women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct. 

The two had more back-and-forth, but things turned around Thursday night when Kelly tweeted that Trump won the most recent and last presidential debate. Trump thanked her on Twitter. 

In 2020, Kelly interviewed Tara Reade, a woman who has accused presidential nominee Joe Biden of sexual assault. 

In 2015, Kelly told Variety that she is an independent, and has voted for both Republican and Democratic candidates. 

I believe Kelly is voting for Trump. 

The election is Nov. 3. Find out where you can vote. Support local journalism to stay informed.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.