What happens when Taylor Swift likes your Instagram photo

I follow a lot of Taylor Swift fan accounts on Twitter and they always post paparazzi shots of her looking flawless, including this one.
Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 1.43.09 PM
I went to my favorite site ever, tayswiftstyle.com and saw that the beautiful dress was just a somewhat affordable TopShop dress.
I convinced my father to buy it for me because ~dAdDy’s GiRL~
I put the dress on for a casual/cute Sunday and decided to Instagram how ridiculous it is that Taylor Swift could probably wear an American flag and I would think it was cute.
Recently, Tay has been liking and commenting on fans’ Instagram photos and it has been confirmed it’s her, so in the very, very back of my mind, I knew there was a slight possibility she could respond to my photo.
Here’s what I instagramed.
insta
What happened next is all a daze.
12:20 p.m. Taylor Swift was the first one to like the photo. So not only did she like it, BUT SHE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO.
instalike
12:21 p.m. Immediately, IMMEDIATELY, a bunch of crazy Swifties (I’m one of them, so I can say that) start going insane on the photo, informing me she liked it and how lucky I was and congratulating me.
swiftiesinsta
12:22 p.m. I texted Emily.
emilytext
12:22 p.m. Katie texted me.
katietext
12:23 p.m. I was shaking.
shaking
My parents weren’t home and I needed to run through the house to tell them.
runningscreaming
12:25 p.m. People were liking the photo like crazy. Random people started following me like I had some mysterious Instagram gift. People were commenting on old Instagram photos of me telling me how pretty I am (no, I know).
12:27 p.m. I upload a screenshot of the like to Facebook, so every social media network knows about my success.
12:30 p.m. My parents arrive home.
12:33 p.m. My father asked when I’ll get a checkmark by my name.
no
12:34 p.m. I explain to him that just because a celebrity likes your photo, it doesn’t make you a celebrity.
12:41 p.m. A Brad Paisley superfan tweets me and says how he’s jealous and adds to my theory that Brad’s superfans are going to murder me.
12:45 p.m. I start to make lunch for my mom and me. My mom demands I change out of the sacred dress before entering the kitchen.
12:46 p.m. I change dresses.
12:55 p.m. I eat lunch.
12:56 p.m. My mother tries to explain social media to me and how for it to continue to get more likes, I need to keep commenting on it. DO YOU HEAR ME? MY MOTHER TRIED TO EXPLAIN SOCIAL MEDIA TO ME. Ok, mom.
eatingwhat
1:41 p.m. Swifties are still freaking out and my friends are quickly bringing me back down to earth.
instafriends
1:48 p.m. This ignorant photo has 273 likes and I love Taylor Swift.
3:11 p.m. A friend I haven’t spoken to in a couple of years texts me about my Insta fame.
3:23 p.m. This woman, who I’ve never met, tweets this and then DMs me about wanting to read my real stuff. I mean, I’m not mad.
Later. This girl is commenting on my old Insta photos, telling me how she wants to be me and how pretty I am and I don’t have the heart to tell her I’m the biggest loser ever.
pretty
TWO people have told me I look better in it than Tay and I’m like ok.
Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 9.14.01 PM
Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 9.14.30 PM
I’ve stumped my friend who does social media marketing as a living.
Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 9.14.21 PM
And, finally, I was tagged in this photo as a contest in who is better: blondes or brunettes? I don’t know how to feel about this.
blondesbrunettes
9:22 p.m. 801 likes on the photo and still going.

2 comments:

  1. blondes are doing it better but good blog. #iseeme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notwithstanding interfacing you with superb purchase instagram shoutout, BUYASHOUTOUT additionally gives Instagram, Vine and Twitter shoutouts. They will interface you to accounts with a great many supporters. These records will give your business a shoutout, which can help you fabricate your group of onlookers and support deals. 20k free here

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.